Saturday, June 18, 2005

A thanksgiving...




There are a lot of people I need to thank before it's too late...Friends, thanks for your love and support right through the effort. Words fail me to thank you all...here are some names, which deserve a special mention:

Hoysala, Rachit, Anuraag , Arya, Aparna, Kunal ,Varsha, Shagun, Iti, Kriti, Jassi, Anubha, Rao, Gaurav, Sherin, Siddharth, Nikhil, Mahita, Rajveer, Kundan, Dadhich, Arvind, Neil, Adarsh, Roy, Amit Shankar, Bikramaditya and Apoorv..Thank you all for bearing with me...I owe all my experiences to your good wishes...Even you all know that I have been lucky...Please don't think that I am being flamboyant but the truth remains that 'the harder you work, the luckier you get.' Right?

Thanks Chhotu, Monal, and Sonu...Thanks Rana da and Tinku da.

Thanks Bhavin, Shantanu, Anshu and Patel.

Among others, I must thank Dr.Sivakumar (who also happened to be the coach...not per se actually but still...), Mr.Shanthakumar, Dr. Maheshwar Singh, Mr.Uday Shankar, the authorities and staff at the Law School.

I thank the State Govt. of Chhattisgarh. Without their financial support, this could have never been possible.

Thanks Dr.McDonald, Dr.Fitzgerald, Queenie, Ira, Adiba, Chris, Vincent, Lydia and all other mooters and researchers...After all, fixitmartsucks.com didn't actually suck. Did it?(Others...to know more about the moot problem which involved domain name disputes, check out the QUT website at http://www.law.qut.edu.au/about/moots/lawasia/...The moots were regulated by the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).

Thanks Steve...you write extremely well and have always inspired.

I thank all my uncles, aunts and cousins for all the blessings.

Lastly, I thank God for bestowing me with such wonderful parents.

I dedicate this blog to all the above. God willing, each one of you will stand out like the Sun does over the Pacific.

If anybody is hurt owing to anything contained in this blog, feel free to make yourself herd.

People who have been reading this blog would have wondered about the rationale behind writing about an episode, which took place three months back. Since the semester got over on 12th, April, I have blogged at every available opportunity ...kindly forgive for this inordinate delay.Well, more than anything else, this blog would forever remind me of all the sweat, tears, slip-ups and contributions that went into the entire thing. Rest assured, I'll keep things fair and square.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a wonderful round-up! Well-done and remember to keep in touch through e-mail. By the way, forgive me but I have to correct you that it was Universiti Malaya and not the International Islamic University that won the national round in Malaysia. Also, the other mooter from Australia was Geoff.
Best regards,
Vincent(Malaysia0

Debanshu Mukherjee said...

Thanks for that correction...but atleast both the teams were above the National Univeristy.Right?And do keep an eye on this blog...I'll be taking you to many places in India in the days to come.

Smartalec said...

Wow! Talk about going on a holiday and witnessing exotic places! Your blog has made me feel just the same way albeit virtually:D! As i said before, it has been really wonderful to follow Self-obsessed Maniac across the continents! Keep up the good work, dude!
*Phew* It has been tough keeping pace with your rapid posts!

Adarsh A. Varghese said...

I always knew that you were good. But its only after reading ur blog that I realised you have a wonderful language, good vocab and a great way of writing! We must put it to some use in the coming smeseters.

nestpa said...

Debu,
I'm humbled at my name being mentioned. I feel the sort of pride, that only a friend who has been there in need, and a friend who had given his little bit to a friend's success, can feel.
I am glad that I've been of any help whatsoever, in your success.
More success to you.
And a toast to friends!

Debu, ur great!

Debanshu Mukherjee said...

@Steve

Before anything else, let me tell you that I am flicking your style(intellectual property) of replying to comments...you can have a higher percentage of the profit shares (remember our book?) as compensation.

@Adarsh

Mr.Verghese, I'll be priveleged to get associated with you in any kind of academic or non-academic endeavor.Given the latest addition to your credentials, it will take a hell lot of effort to topple you from the 'Captain's chair' of the late Hidayatullah's only ship...But still, a hero cannot be a hero unless in a heroic world.Right? ;).
P.S.-"English usage is sometimes more than mere taste, judgment and education -- sometimes it's sheer luck, like getting across the street." E.B. White

@Neil

You are even greater!(no pun intended)

Adarsh A. Varghese said...

Its Varghese, with an 'a' instead of an 'e'!

Anonymous said...

I feel gratified and pride when i find that i had a bit part in your success.Thanx for mentioning my name.
As now you share your memories of Australia with us, I am sure that even more good memories will add up and your hard work will bring more success to you.